The RTL8309N is an 8-port 10/100M Ethernet switch controller that integrates memory, eight MACs, and eight physical layer transceivers for 10Base-T and 100Base-TX operation into a single chip.
To simplify the peripheral power circuit, the RTL8309N integrates one LDO regulator to generate 1.0V from a 3.3V input power.
- 8-port switch controller with memory and transceiver for 10Base-T and 100Base-TX
- Non-blocking wire-speed
- Compatible with IEEE 802.3/802.3u
- Built-in high efficiency SRAM for packet buffer, with 2K-entry lookup table
- 2048 byte maximum packet length
- Flow control fully supported
- Half duplex: Back pressure flow control
- Full duplex: IEEE 802.3x flow control
- 8-port switch (10Base-T & 100Base-TX)