The Realtek RTL8211F-CG/RTL8211FI-CG is a highly integrated Ethernet transceiver that is compatible with 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, and 1000Base-T IEEE 802.3 standards. It provides all the necessary physical layer functions to transmit and receive Ethernet packets over CAT.5 UTP cable. The RTL8211FI-CG is manufactured to industrial grade standards.
The RTL8211F(I)-CG uses state-of-the-art DSP technology and an Analog Front End (AFE) to enable high-speed data transmission and reception over UTP cable. Functions such as Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction, polarity correction, adaptive equalization, cross-talk cancellation, echo cancellation, timing recovery, and error correction are implemented in the RTL8211F(I)-CG to provide robust transmission and reception capabilities at 10Mbps, 100Mbps, or 1000Mbps.
Data transfer between MAC and PHY is via the Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface (RGMII) for 1000Base-T, 10Base-T, and 100Base-TX. The RTL8211F(I)-CG supports various RGMII signaling voltages, including 3.3, 2.5, 1.8, and 1.5V.
The RTL8211F(I)-CG incorporates a state-of-the-art switching regulator that requires a well-designed PCB layout in order to achieve good power efficiency and lower the output voltage ripple and input overshoot.
- 1000Base-T IEEE 802.3ab compatible
- 100Base-TX IEEE 802.3u compatible
- 10Base-T IEEE 802.3 compatible
- Supports RGMII
- Supports IEEE 802.3az-2010 (Energy Efficient Ethernet)
- Built-in Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
- Supports Interrupt function
- Supports Parallel Detection
- Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction
- Automatic polarity correction
- Supports PHYRSTB core power Turn-Off
- Baseline Wander Correction
- Supports 120m for CAT.5 cable in 1000Base-T
- Selectable 3.3/2.5/1.8/1.5V signaling for RGMII
- Supports 25MHz external crystal or OSC
- Provides 125MHz clock source for MAC
- Provides 3 network status LEDs
- Supports Link Down power saving
- Green Ethernet (1000/100Mbps mode only)
- Built-in Switching Regulator
- 40-pin QFN Green package
- 55 nm process with ultra-low power consumption
- Industrial grade manufacturing process (RTL8211FI-CG)
- DTV (Digital TV)
- MAU (Media Access Unit)
- CNR (Communication and Network Riser)
- Game Console
- Printer and Office Machine
- DVD Player and Recorder
- Ethernet Hub
- Ethernet Switch
In addition, the RTL8211F(I)-CG can be used in any embedded system with an Ethernet MAC that needs a UTP physical connection.